From Adelita Padilla <apadi...@maestrodev.com>
Subject Re: NPanday Exception
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 02:54:12 GMT
Hi Eric,

Did the Addin file got generated in this location ->
C:\Users\{user.name}\Documents\Visual
Studio 2010\AddIns?

If there's an addin file, can you check if it contains this snippet?

  <HostApplication>
    <Name>Microsoft Visual Studio</Name>
    <Version>10.0</Version>
  </HostApplication>

Also, where did you download the MSI installer?

Thanks,

liit

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer   01018-532-2002181-70321
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer
>
> Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010   01018-532-2002181-70321
> Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010
>
> CodeSmith Generator   5.3
> CodeSmith Tools Visual Studio Add-in Package
>
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Developer Tools   10.0.30319
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Developer Tools
>
> SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
> SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
>

> Visual Assist X
> For more information about Visual Assist X, see the Whole Tomato Software
> website at http://www.WholeTomato.com. Copyright (c) 1997-2008 Whole
> Tomato Software, Inc.
>
> VMDebugger
> For more information about VMware Inc, see their website at
> http://www.vmware.com
> Copyright (c) 2010 VMware, Inc.
>

> My environment PATH is
>
> %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program
> Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\NTRU
> Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\;C:\Program Files\NTRU
> Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\;C:\Program Files\Wave Systems
> Corp\Gemalto\Access Client\v5\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Perforce;C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
> Server 5.5\bin;%NUNIT_HOME%\bin;C:\Program Files
> (x86)\CodeSmith\v5.3\;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;%MAVEN_HOME%\bin
>
> Attached is a screen shot of the Add-in Manager.
>
> Cheers, Eric
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Josimpson Ocaba <jocaba@maestrodev.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I used the msi for installation.
>>>
>>> So far VS 2005 seems to work, but I am an NPanday newbie. I'm still a
>>> Maven newbie for that matter :-)
>>>
>>> I don't have VS 2008 so I cannot test that.
>>>
>>> When I used the Windows Control Panel to uninstall NPanday, I could not
>>> find the addin afterward, or anything else related to the existence of
>>> NPanday.
>>>
>>> Do you mean: are all of the assemblies in the GAC after installing
>>> NPanday?
>>>
>>> I did my best to set up the appropriate environment variables including
>>> the PATH, but that is something I could double-check.
>>>
>>> I am not sure what you mean by: There are intermittent with respect to
>>> the orders of the frameworks.
>>>

>> The intermittent error mostly comes up in project types that are using the
>> 3.5 framework. If you don't mind can you give us information on what type of
>> OS you are using and what type of Visual Studios you have installed (with
>> service pack?) and also a copy of your environment path.
>>
>> On the reinstall of NPanday is the Add In also not found under Tools ->

VS 2010