From "Jamie Kemp" <jamie.k...@interlinksoftware.com>
Subject RE: Post compile action
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:15:11 GMT
Thank you Javier and Brett! Your comments are very helpful.

Regards,

Jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett Porter
Sent: 24 March 2011 11:46
To: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Post compile action

On 24/03/2011, at 10:42 PM, Jamie Kemp wrote:

> We use the post build hook to execute a signtool which uses a PFX
> certificate to sign the created assembly. We use this as an alternative to
> strong naming which is not possible in our environment.
>
> I will take a look at being able to add a task after compilation. I am
still
> relatively new to Maven as a whole so not very sure how I would go about
> this.

The typical pattern for that would be to add something in the "package"
phase.

Here is a similar example:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-gpg-plugin/usage.html (replace
"verify" with "package")

You will need to look into writing a task (or calling the exec plugin to use
an external one) to run your version of the sign tool.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org