From Josimpson Ocaba <joc...@maestrodev.com>
Subject Re: AW: problems with 1.3-incubating
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:34:29 GMT

----- "Christoph Karner" <lechris48@yahoo.de> wrote:

> > --
> > Joe Ocaba
> > ----- "Christoph Karner" de> wrote:
> >
> > > hello!
> > >
> > > im experimenting with npanday 1.3-incubating and ran into a few
> > > problems:
> > >  * the visual studio add-in starts succesfully, yet there are no
> > > npanday entries
> > > in the solution/project context menu
> > > (add-in installed with installer)
> > >  * when i try to create a project from command line, maven doesnt
> seem
> > > to find
> > > the archetype
> > >     as it fails complaining that there is no pom.xml in the
> directory
> > > (the
> > > repository is in my .m2 though)
> > >
> > > my configuration
> > > maven 3
> > > visual studio 2010 (german)
> >
> > thanks for taking the time in testing out 1.3 Chris. Unfortunately
> at the
> >moment NPanday only supports Visual Studios English Version, there
> are already
> >issues created for German support as well as Italian and Spanish. We
> do not have
> >
> >enough contributors that know the language. We would gladly accept
> patches for
> >this so that NPanday can work on other languages as well.
> >

> thanks for your help!
>
> i thought it would be something like that, did not find any issues
> though.
> what would i have to do to add german language support myself?

You would need to build the source code and in \dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.VisualStudio.Addin\Connect.cs
you need to modify launchNPandayBuildSystem function there is a loop that checks for the specific
Control Caption in the running VS
 i.e. if (control.Caption.Equals("C&onfiguration Manager..."))

you can include the german equivalent for this.

> > for the creating of the project what command did you use?
>
> i used
>

>   mvn archetype:generate
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-dotnet-simple
> -DarchetypeGroupId=npanday
> -DarchetypeVersion=1.3-incubating
>

> as stated in "Creating a simple project". i dont see anything wrong
> with it.
> also tested it on my linux machine by now and it worked like a
> charm...
> the machine where it doesnt work runs windows xp by the way.
> also i never used maven on windows before, so it could be that im
> overlooking
> something.

NPanday was originally developed under the windows XP OS, so it should work fine.
You can check out the docs here http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.3-incubating/index.html