From Christoph Karner <lechri...@yahoo.de>
Subject AW: problems with 1.3-incubating
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:03:42 GMT
> --
> Joe Ocaba
> ----- "Christoph Karner" de> wrote:
>
> > hello!
> >
> > im experimenting with npanday 1.3-incubating and ran into a few
> > problems:
> >  * the visual studio add-in starts succesfully, yet there are no
> > npanday entries
> > in the solution/project context menu
> > (add-in installed with installer)
> >  * when i try to create a project from command line, maven doesnt seem
> > to find
> > the archetype
> >     as it fails complaining that there is no pom.xml in the directory
> > (the
> > repository is in my .m2 though)
> >
> > my configuration
> > maven 3
> > visual studio 2010 (german)
>
> thanks for taking the time in testing out 1.3 Chris. Unfortunately at the
>moment NPanday only supports Visual Studios English Version, there are already
>issues created for German support as well as Italian and Spanish. We do not have
>
>enough contributors that know the language. We would gladly accept patches for
>this so that NPanday can work on other languages as well.

thanks for your help!

i thought it would be something like that, did not find any issues though.
what would i have to do to add german language support myself?

> for the creating of the project what command did you use?

i used

  mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-dotnet-simple -DarchetypeGroupId=npanday
-DarchetypeVersion=1.3-incubating

as stated in "Creating a simple project". i dont see anything wrong with it.
also tested it on my linux machine by now and it worked like a charm...
the machine where it doesnt work runs windows xp by the way.
also i never used maven on windows before, so it could be that im overlooking
something.

regards,chris