From Lars Corneliussen ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject Re: packaging an application with the config file
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:30:53 GMT
Hi Sergio,

dotnet-executable-config is not really a packaging, but rather only a
dependency type. This means, there is no lifecycle bound by default:
http://www.npanday.org/docs/1.2/guide/maven/project-types.html

You can use the build-helper-maven-plugin with the goal attach-artifact,
to package a config together with its executable...
http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html Section
"Attach additional artifacts to your project".

I think npanday will resolve the config together with the exe. If it
doesn't, you add an extra dependency with the same group, name and
version plus <type>dotnet-executable-config</type>

The Exe-Pom could look like this...

hope that helps,
-Lars

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0">

   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

   <groupId>TestGroup</groupId>

   <artifactId>TestArtifactName</artifactId>

   <packaging>dotnet-executable</packaging>

   <name>Executable-pom</name>

   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

   <build>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.5</version>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>attach-artifacts</id>
             <phase>package</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>attach-artifact</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <artifacts>
                 <artifact>
                   <file>pathtobin/bin-name.exe.config</file>
                   <type>dotnet-executable-config</type>
                 </artifact>
               </artifacts>
             </configuration>