incubator-npanday-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Corneliussen ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject Re: Code import
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:18:56 GMT
Sometimes I missed the history from NMaven. So option three would be great, if you ask me.

And yes I have a working git clone. I First fetched the oldest revision explicitely and then
did the svn rebase.

--
Message sent from mobile device

Am 17.08.2010 um 14:02 schrieb Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've made a few attempts at how we might import the code from Codeplex a while back.
It's quite difficult due to the svnbridge that doesn't support most of the mirroring without
difficulties (svnsync, git-svn, hg). The most workable solution to keep history intact seems
to be recreating the individual commits (with svn:author, svn:date and svn:log values), which
is something "tfs2svn" tries to do. That's been working ok, but I didn't get the whole way
through. I think Lars managed a git clone somehow that might be a helpful basis too?

> There's 3 alternatives:
> - direct import of latest code, leaving history behind
> - take the codeplex revs across as a new import into the svn repository (maintain history
as it was at codeplex)
> - start from the previous nmaven branchpoint in the incubator and apply the changes on
top of it up until today (full history since where it forked from). I have the revision details
to achieve this if wanted.