incubator-npanday-dev mailing list archives

From Liit Padilla <apadi...@g2ix.net>
Subject Re: Code import
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 01:44:45 GMT
+ 1 on option 3

thanks,

liit

On 8/19/2010 9:39 AM, Josimpson Ocaba wrote:
> I'm +1 on starting from the NMaven branchpoint and applying the patches. We could use
really use those histories.

It's quite difficult due to the svnbridge that doesn't support most of the mirroring without
difficulties (svnsync, git-svn, hg). The most workable solution to keep history intact seems
to be recreating the individual commits (with svn:author, svn:date and svn:log values), which
is something "tfs2svn" tries to do. That's been working ok, but I didn't get the whole way
through. I think Lars managed a git clone somehow that might be a helpful basis too?

>> There's 3 alternatives:
>> - direct import of latest code, leaving history behind
>> - take the codeplex revs across as a new import into the svn repository (maintain
history as it was at codeplex)
>> - start from the previous nmaven branchpoint in the incubator and apply the changes
on top of it up until today (full history since where it forked from). I have the revision
details to achieve this if wanted.