From "Shane Isbell" <shane.isb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VS Addin Migration To the Trunk
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 01:52:24 GMT
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Leopoldo Agdeppa <lagdeppa@exist.com>
wrote:

> Hello
> I was trying to migrate VS addin from 0.14 to the trunk,

Great!

> and tried building
> it using the trunk, but unfortunately plugins were required first
> especially
> xsd-plugin, and there are only 3 plugins found in the trunk, so this means,
> other plugins needs to be migrated in the trunk.
>
> based on my observation the trunk is very much different from the 0.14 tag,
> 0.14 uses dotnet-executable, while the trunk is allot simpler
> which makes use of DotNetToolChain.
>
> I'm interested in migrating the VS addin to the trunk, so this means I need
> to migrate the plugins too,

Many of the plugins will need to be completely rewritten. In 0.14, some
plugins are written in .NET and that is no longer supported. Plugins like
xsd, fxcop are just building a command line to execute, so a good place to
start is to look at the options of the executables and map those to mojo
params.

> any suggestions on how to do this, and how to make use of the tool chain
> would be much appreciated  :)

For tool chains look at:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Toolchains

Regards,