From "Shane Isbell" <>
Subject Re: Merging New Work into Trunk
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:32:37 GMT
On Dec 11, 2007 9:20 PM, Brett Porter <> wrote:

> On 12/12/2007, at 3:36 PM, Shane Isbell wrote:
> > The current work in the branch only supports compiling and
> > installing of C#
> > projects for Mono and Microsoft. There are no versionless file
> > names, so
> > many of the existing maven plugins should work. All other plugins
> > are gone,
> > no resource generation, no nmaven settings, no private assembly bin,
> > no
> > Visual Studio addin, no RDF. The idea is to get a version into the
> > trunk
> > that is in line with Maven and then start adding back in the
> > functionality
> > that we need. Given that we have the current trunk to mine from, we
> > should
> > be able to go at a good pace, with frequent releases.
> Yep - I think I caught all that. As you know from our chat on IM
> yesterday (and probably my nagging all year :), I'm definitely in
> favour of making releases already and of getting things using what
> Maven already provides. This is the right approach.
> I understand that there are less plugins and features (and I'm very
> glad to see the majority of the above go). What I was really asking is
> what the migration path will be.
> The following are the things I want to see continue to work:
> - artifacts deployed with NMaven 0.14 should be usable by the new code
> (this should be a no brainer, as it uses the current deploy plugin
> already)

Both NMaven 0.14-SNAPSHOT and the branch code both use the default
repository format for resolving and deploying from/to a remote repo. We are
okay here.

> - POMs for projects for NMaven 0.14 should continue working when these
> other releases go out. To that end, I suggest using a new group ID
> where there is an incompatible replacement plugin.

The plugin parameters change a bit since there is no capability matching, so
most of the plugins are going to be incompatible. No problem changing the
group ids on the new plugins.