From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: Creating IT Tests
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:39:30 GMT

On 13/12/2007, at 2:18 PM, Shane Isbell wrote:

> I would expect that as long as we remain in the incubator to release
> the
> core and plugins together. When we graduate, decoupling the releases
> makes
> sense, provided that the NMaven core API is stable.

Sounds reasonable to me - something to think towards in the future

One thing I do want to clarify though: while they are in some ways
linked, NMaven is in the incubator to build a user-base and developer
community, not finish the code. Plenty of projects have graduated
without a release, and a stable release won't be the criteria for
graduation either :)

I would generally be against sweeping changes using a "we're
incubating" excuse, since that's the worst thing for community growth.
However, I do think in the case of the move back to using more of
Maven's code it's the right thing to do, since that will make it
easier to get cross-community work and a smaller learning curve for
contributors and should be a positive change.

- Brett

View raw message