From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating IT Tests
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:49:34 GMT
Are you looking to write ITs for the plugins, or the system as a
whole? As you can see from the dev@ discussion about the invoker, the
testing situation is still a bit of an inconsistent mess.

The core-integration-testing module for the Maven system tests works
well and under the current structure that might be the best way to go.
I think Dan has replicated such an environment for plugin testing
which sounds perfect - though I have to admit I haven't looked at the
surefire tests just yet to see how that works.

This actually brings me to a bigger question though - in Maven we
realised early on that each plugin would need to be decoupled from the
core release cycle. NMaven is still in the stage where all the plugins
are in sync with the larger system - is that expected to continue, or
is it likely the NMaven core libraries will be one thing released
together, and then the plugins folded into /plugins/ ?

Cheers,
Brett