From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deciding on IDE Project Layout
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:53:34 GMT
+1

When I have to justify Maven's defaults I say it's consistency that
matters, not the actual choice of location. So it makes sense to start
out with a choice that works for most people.

The only downside is that it will be less familiar with Java Maven
users - but I don't think that's an overriding concern.

How do you specify this default though? Just what is in the Archetype,
or are there pieces of plugin configuration that will take these
paths? I would have assumed most was coded into the POM <build>
section which unfortunately takes the Java settings from the super POM
- perhaps those defaults really need to be mixed in by Maven based on
packaging type.

- Brett