incubator-mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Jim Donofrio <donofrio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to name MapReduceDriver .
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 02:58:58 GMT
You could just create a JobConf, call setJobName and call
withConfiguration. I am guessing you are getting the jobname from inside
your code with JobConf's getJobName method

@Test
public void testJobName() {
     JobConf conf = new JobConf();
     conf.setJobName("rule_timestamp");
     MapReduceDriver<Text, Text, Text, Text> driver =
MapReduceDriver.newMapReduceDriver(new IdentityMapper<Text, Text>(), new
IdentityReducer<Text, Text>());
     driver.withConfiguration(conf);
     // add your inputs, outputs and call runTest
}

On 04/12/2012 06:31 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> I believe that there is no way how you can specify job name at the moment, however it
might be an interesting idea to do in the future.

> Could you file an JIRA on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRUNIT? I'm certain that
someone will take a look sooner or later :-)

> Jarcec
>
> On Apr 12, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Lakshminarayana, Bhuvan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> In my code, hadoop job names are very meaningful, used for some functionality as
well [ Naming pattern followed:  “rule _timestamp”]