incubator-mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Context and DistributedCache
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:06:43 GMT
I believe that you can't test input split filename and distributed cache at the moment.

If you could file a JIRA on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRUNIT, I'm sure that someone
would look on that sooner or later.

Jarcec

On Apr 11, 2012, at 7:53 AM, Ajay Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to use mrunit in one of the projects and written some test cases. These
test cases run fine for simple map reduce jobs but give error for most of the others.

> For an example, in one of the map reduce job I have following code in setup method of
Mapper class.

> context.getInputSplit()).getPath();
>
> I get null pointer exception at above statement.  Is there a way that I can set this
context in test code ? If not, how can this kind of mrjobs be tested.
> Similarly we are using DistributedCache in some of our mr jobs. How can I test such jobs?
Is there a mockup available for DistributedCache class in mrunit.