incubator-mrunit-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Donofrio <donofrio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MRUnit from Incubator
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 02:31:18 GMT
We havent heard anything +1 or -1 from any IPMC members besides our
mentors. Any thoughts on this vote?

We released 0.9.0-incubating on Tuesday so we have completed 4 releases
and added 4 new commiters since the beginning of incubation

To resummarize the current vote is below:

7 +1's
0 0's
0 -1's

IPMC +1
Patrick Hunt
Chris Mattmann

PPMC +1
Brock Noland
Dave Beech
Jim Donofrio
Jarek Jarcec Cecho

Others +1
Joey Echeverria

On 04/28/2012 12:11 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Yep, we need more VOTEs than 2 (3 I believe, but it would be nice to have
> a bit more -- though not required). There's been a lot of traffic on general@incbuator
> lately so folks are probably just busy.
>
> I would wait until tonight or tomorrow and poll for some more VOTEs on the VOTE thread.
>
> Once we get the required VOTEs, you can close the VOTE, and I can add the resolution
> the board agenda.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> On Apr 28, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Jim Donofrio wrote:
>
>> How many IPMC votes are required for graduation?
>>
>> We got 2 IPMC votes so far from mentors but havent gotten any on the general@ list.
Since the vote has been open for more than 72 hours, does this mean we cant graduate yet?

>> On 04/23/2012 11:56 PM, Jim Donofrio wrote:
>>> We havent heard anything on the DISCUSS thread since posting it over 72
>>> hours ago so I am starting a VOTE thread following Chris Mattmann's
>>> recommendation. I will leave the vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> The current vote is below copying from the community vote [2] that passed:
>>>
>>> 7 +1's
>>> 0 0's
>>> 0 -1's
>>>
>>> IPMC +1
>>> Patrick Hunt
>>> Chris Mattmann
>>>
>>> PPMC +1
>>> Brock Noland
>>> Dave Beech
>>> Jim Donofrio
>>> Jarek Jarcec Cecho
>>>
>>> Others +1
>>> Joey Echeverria
>>>

>>> In the last MRUnit incubator report [1] the 3 blockers were:
>>> * Grow the community size and diversity
>>> * Make another incubating release
>>> * Construct an MRUnit website to replace the existing stub
>>>
>>> We have since:
>>> * Added 2 new committers/PPMC members
>>> * 0.9.0-incubating will get released soon, pending one more IPMC +1
>>> * We have a new website
>>>
>>>  From the beginning of incubation we have:
>>> * Added 4 new committers/PPMC members
>>> * Done 4 releases once 0.9.0-incubating is released soon, pending one
>>> more IPMC +1
>>> * Created a real website
>>>
>>> [1]:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/ppmc/incubator_reports.html#march-2012