From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Sanity check
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:22:20 GMT

On Feb 11, 2007, at 7:29 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> We can save a number of methods if we don't register commands which
>> have no provider.  Especially those mail related commands that nobody
>> expects to see implemented in today's ftpd servers.  Thoughts?
>
> Still looking for feedback... thoughts?

Oh, we definitely don't have to implement the weird edge-case mail-
related commands.  Let's stick to what FTP clients actually send.

Is it at all possible to bump the maximum number of registered
methods in trunk? And (not having looked at the code) could we have
mod_ftp check how many methods it could register and degrade
gracefully instead of having it run into the brick wall of 62?

S.