From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Quick update on PORT/PASV logic
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 05:21:34 GMT

On Feb 5, 2007, at 8:21 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Once this is done, I'll implement EPSV/EPRT which Sander and I learned
> is usually a pretty trivial implementation - usually only reporting
> the
> port on the assumption that 'the client knows how it got here'.

EPSV makes the server return only the Port, with the provision that
it might return an address as well at some future moment.

The client does send its address with the EPRT command, which means
it still has to be rewritten by any NAT router (which was to open a
map for the incoming data connection as well).

The format of the arguments to the EPRT command and response to EPSV
is the same, and RFC 2484 explicitly states this was done so that the
same parsing code can be used for both.

S.