From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Quick update on PORT/PASV logic
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 05:37:34 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I've pretty much burrowed down to the gist of the issues...

And ... I think I've licked it, fix committed.

The second to the last case, doing an IPv6 data accept port, is actually
legit.  Consider the internal datacenter connection from the outward
facing load balancer where they connect to the load balancer via IPv4,
and we will respond with an FTPBindPasv explicitly fake address.

The last case is totally bogus, I just couldn't think of a pretty answer
offhand.

p.s. thanks to a friend for pointing me at nc6.  If you are a netcat fan
this will excite you, you can find it in the FC5 and Gentoo, to name a few.