From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Quick update on PORT/PASV logic
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:21:59 GMT
I've pretty much burrowed down to the gist of the issues...

IPv4+IPv6 adapter, Listen {port} doesn't bind to either one or
the other (explicitly).

The logic at ftp_commands.c:1419 is evaluating the c->local_addr->family
and determining it's AF_INET6 which kicks it into the endzone that I'd
already warned up with an XXX status.

The address is represented in IPv4 notation (connecting to either the
127.0.0.1 loopback or 192.168.0.x class address here) even though the
family and sin are ipv6 data.

So the module falls down.  Right now, I'm trying to find some sane way
to resolve that it's ipv4 over ipv6 without counting dots in local_ip's
string.

Once this is done, I'll implement EPSV/EPRT which Sander and I learned
is usually a pretty trivial implementation - usually only reporting the
port on the assumption that 'the client knows how it got here'.

Workaround is Listen 0.0.0.0 but that's an excuse to not solve the quirk.