From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Near time for graduation?
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:30:05 GMT
At this point;

make works, win32 .dsw works.

docs now exist.

builds and runs against 2.0 and 2.2 (more news to come).

We've attracted some other individuals to the effort, although several who
expressed interest didn't 'show up' (which is fine, just an observation that
the final move to our target project should probably include a culled list
of contributors who did exercise their commit rights.)

It's running in production at some very interesting places :)

I'd like to 'start the clock' twords a graduation vote on Tues 12/19.  This
means time to clean up the old build/* cruft, for example, prune dead tests,
and finish any docs s/covalent/apache/ such that it's really ready to adopt
at the httpd project.

I'd like to then (if vote passes) have httpd vote to accept starting on the
22nd.  If they agree, finally have incubator vote to release from incubation.

I'd like to see the docs structure mirror the httpd repository, e.g. the
man page buried in

docs/manual/mod/mod_ftp.xml(.html)

etc.  I'd already done this with modules/ftp/ such that it's ready to drop in
on top of httpd's repository IF they are ever merged.

Please look over

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp/trunk/STATUS
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html

to identify gaps that need to be addressed.

I don't suggest merging is part of graduating.  I don't suggest making an
incubating release as part of graduating.  Let httpd decide if/when, we are
all very comfortable that httpd knows how to manage release votes.  It will
certainly need yet-more work for the event mpm anyways which is better
handled in sync with async mpm development.

Comments?

Bill