From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Status of mod_ftp?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:09:34 GMT
Hi Niklas,

I'm very happy to see you are looking into mod_ftp.

On Nov 20, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> Since I didn't find anything on the mod_ftp incubator webpage I had
> to resort to asking the maillist:
>
> What's the status of mod_ftp?

We're working on making the code build against httpd, with (I believe
although anyone on the list should feel free to chime in) the
intention to incorporate the module into httpd trunk.

Last week, I started working on integrating the donated
documentation, also with the intention of folding that into the httpd
manual.

> We're looking at ways of making use of mod_disk_cache for FTP in
> addition to the current HTTP caching for ftp.acc.umu.se and mod_ftp
> would be the most elegant solution if it works.

That's very interesting... I'd like to see how that works for you.

> We're running httpd 2.2.3, so if you need a guinea pig for that
> environment we can give it a whirl...

Since we want to be in httpd-trunk, I don't think we're really paying
much attention to having mod_ftp build standalone. However, I don't
see a reason why you shouldn't be able to take the very same module
code and drop it into a 2.2 branch build.

However, we don't really have a step-by-step guide on how to build
the module. It should be something like "take modules/ftp, drop it
into modules under your httpd source, run ./buildconf and then ./
configure --enable-ftp", but I don't think we're quite there yet. The
header files are not in that modules/ftp directory, and there's this
one line patch to the core...

Mr. Rowe, perhaps you can give us some pointers?

Thanks,

S.