From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Where to go from here?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:20:24 GMT

On Jul 18, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> Upon further reflection, since the codebase was mature at the
>> time, we should have entered incubation simply as a IP
>> clearance issue. Since this is done, should we just propose
>> graduation?
>
> +1.
>
>> But before that can happen, we need to ensure we
>> interface as required with the httpd build environ.
>
> We might also need to figure out and get buy-in for the destination
> of the module: will it be its own thing like mod_python or will it
> go into the httpd tree like mod_dav?
>
> I strongly favor the latter and hope that we will release httpd 2.4
> with full FTP support.

I would as well.

The problem, as I see it, is that, unfortunately, there was
not a lot of work to do on the code, and, as such, there
has not been a lot of development. This "looks bad" but
is just the nature of the beast, since, as I said, we
should have just used Incubation as IP clearance and
be done with it.