From Kanagasabai Sriskanthaverl <s...@wso2.com>
Subject Problem in compiling mod_ftp with buildconf script
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:01:35 GMT
Hi I am having problem in compiling mod_ftp source, which i have checked
out with
"svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp"

Here is what I have done exactly.
1. I have copied the httpd-2.0.55 code inside mod_ftp dir as httpd and
ran ./buildconf,and got...
root@sris:/home/sris/source/mod_ftp/trunk# ./buildconf
found httpd source: ../httpd
copying build files
rebuilding
rebuilding configure
configure.in:46: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I have used autoconf-2.59, automake-1.5, libtool-1.5.6

I replaced autoconf with version 2.13 and i did not receive the error,
but i got...
copying build files
rebuilding
configure.in:7: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC
configure.in:45: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC
rebuilding configure
configure.in:7: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC
configure.in:45: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC

After that i did configure and make, and I found the path to apr,
apr-util and httpd are not recognized.

I suspect the installing scripts from the trunk( configure.in and/or
Makefile.in). I am not familiar with them. Can any of u help me to
install it.

Note: I could successfully compile the mod_ftp statically within the
httpd binary.

Many thanks.
Regards
Sris