From Goutham Tadi <>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Mesos
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:09:55 GMT
 Hi Brenden,

Can I have a guide to build HDFS on mesos? That would be a great help.

Goutam tadi

-----Brenden Matthews  wrote: -----
From: Brenden Matthews <>
Date: 06/05/2013 07:50AM
Subject: Re: Hadoop on Mesos

Goutam,  Mesos has a Hadoop distribution for running Map/Reduce tasks, but you'll still need
to set up HDFS and other Hadoop services (like Hive) separately.  You can run 'make hadoop-{version}'
within the hadoop directory in the mesos source tree to build the Hadoop dist.  There's a
tutorial which will give you a starting point at hadoop/  If you have more specific
questions I'd be happy to help.   On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Goutham Tadi <>
wrote:  >  Hi All, > > I have some queries regarding Hadoop on Mesos. I want to
build a CDH4 > cluster with Mesos and Spark in the cluster. I have problem  on how to >
initialise the setup. > > 1) Should I first Install mesos,form cluster and then install
hadoop ? > >                           or > 2) Should I first form a CDH4 cluster
and install mesos and spark on them? > > > Please help me regarding this. > >
Thanks, > Goutam Tadi > =====-----=====-----===== > Notice: The information contained
in this e-mail > message and/or attachments to it may contain > confidential or privileged
information. If you are > not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, > review,
distribution, printing or copying of the > information contained in this e-mail message
> and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If > you have received this communication
in error, > please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and > immediately and permanently
delete the message > and any attachments. Thank you > > >