From Vinod Kone <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ExecutorID for Command Executors
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 18:37:06 GMT
1) Should we simply always set the Task.executor_id for these tasks? The
master could do so currently, but there would be an implicit contract that
the slave and master both use the task id as the executor id.

I like this. I think this is the most straightforward to implement. We can
enforce the contract by having a helper function that both master and slave
use to get the executor id from task info?

> 2) We can add a boolean is_command_executor to Task, so that both the
>> master and slave can set the field, and the slave can use the boolean in
>> executorTerminated() to determine whether the task used a command executor.
>> Not sure how this solves the problem that you are trying to solve?

> 3) Alternatively, we can add a /frameworks/FID/tasks/TID url format for
>> the broken links on the master webui, so that we can search for the task in
>> the slave state to locate its executor.
I'm ok with this as a short term solution. IIUC, this is going to be an
expensive lookup because of the way the slave state is currently stored?