From David C Lester <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release process on wiki
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 01:58:46 GMT
I think one of the confusing parts of linking to/rendering Mesos
documentation as markdown files on is that dev is happening on
Apache JIRA and the git repo.. not GitHub.

Planning to link to documentation somewhere else in the long-term sounds

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Andy Konwinski <>wrote:

> In the slightly longer term, the next step is to set up a post-commit hook
> that runs a markdown compiler somewhere and pushes the recompiled docs to
> the website, perhaps{trunk or
> master} and we can also have a version of the docs associated with each
> release at<VERSION> and
> docs/latest-release can point to the most recent release.

Great idea!

And also, +1 for using the repo, although I do agree with Ben M that this
does raise the barrier to entry for someone who wants to contribute to the
documentation. Perhaps the simplest solution for that is to improve and
update the documentation for how to contribute.