From Vinod Kone <>
Subject Re: slave don't update task status correctly
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 17:48:07 GMT
I unfortunately cannot access the web links you pasted. It would be much
better if you can just paste the slave logs, so that I can diagnose.

Is this related to this param "--executor_shutdown_grace_period", I can see
> the default value is 5 seconds, if the executor shutdown after 5 seconds,
> what will happen then?
The grace period is used when the slave tries to shutdown an executor. The
slave typically shuts down an executor if the framework is shutting down or
if the slave itself is shutting down. After sending a shutdown to the
executor, the slave expects the executor process to terminate. If it
doesn't terminate within "executor_shutdown_grace_period" duration, then it
will issue a unix 'kill'.