From Vinod Kone <>
Subject Jenkins build failure emails
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 23:36:10 GMT
You might have seen a deluge of jenkins "Build Failed" emails in the last
24 hours. Sorry about that.

This was a result of me
  1) Adding new jenkins jobs to build/test mesos-hadoop
  2) Changing existing jobs to build all branches instead of just master

Following is the summary of issues found w/ probable fixes:

Issue 1:  At least ubuntu1 and ubuntu6 don't seem to have "mvn" installed
and hence hadoop jobs fail when running ant.
Fix: We need to file an INFRA ticket to get it setup.

Issue 2:  Versions < 0.12.x don't have support for hadoop cdh4.
Fix: CDH4 support was only added in 0.12.x branch.

Issue 3: Versions < 0.12.x have non-functioning hadoop-205 URLs.
Fix: Again, this was fixed in 0.12.x branch. Need to backport the fix.

Issue 4: cgroups tests are not properly disabled in 0.11.x.
Fix: This is a known issue (,
fixed on trunk.
Need to backport this fix.

Issue 5: 0.10.x --disable-java tries to build with java and fails on jni.h

Issue 6: 0.12.x failed build on frame pointers.
Fix: This is
Need to configure jenkins jobs with "--disable-perftools". Fixed this on
jenkins. But we might
want to backport this option too.

Issue 7: Builds broke because old files that were removed from the repo
were still cached in jenkins workspace.
Fix: Need to run 'git clean -fdx' before every build. Fixed this on jenkins.

Issue 8: 0.10.x failed the following tests.

[  FAILED  ] CoordinatorTest.TruncateLearnedFill
[  FAILED  ] LogTest.WriteRead
[  FAILED  ] LogTest.Position

More info:
Fix: I believe these were fixed on trunk. I will let benh answer this. We
might also want to backport these fixes.

Issue 9: 0.11.x also failed a bunch of coordinator, log and cgroups tests.
More info:
Fix: I believe the coordinator and log issues were fixed on trunk. I will
let benh answer this. The cgroups tests should've been disabled as
mentioned in Issue 4.