From Vinod Kone <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Slave restart -- 0.13.x branch
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 21:00:01 GMT
Hi folks,

We are planning to release a new feature (called "Slave Restart") that
allows organizations to upgrade mesos without disrupting the running tasks.
Previously, when the slave process was stopped for an upgrade, the tasks
running on that slave committed suicide. With the new feature, the tasks
can keep running and connect back to the upgraded slave, when it restarts.

Since this feature includes a huge amount of code change, we would like to
create a new branch (0.13.x). The new branch helps us to commit bug fixes
easily, test the feature and also unblocks people from committing other
major changes/features to master/trunk. We have been testing "Slave
Restart" feature for a while, but need some more time to iron out some
kinks. Note that, any bug fixes that relate to "Slave Restart" will go to
both "master" and "0.13.x".

Let us know if you have any questions/concerns.