From David Greenberg <>
Subject Question about TASK_LOST statuses
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 21:04:33 GMT
Hello! Today I began working on a more advanced version of mesos-submit
that will handle hot-spares.

I was assuming that TASK_{FAILED,FINISHED,LOST,KILLED} were the status
updates that meant that I needed to start a new spare process, as the
monitored task was killed. However, I noticed that I often recieved
TASK_LOSTs, and every 5 seconds, my scheduler would think its tasks had all
died, so it'd restart too many. Nevertheless, the tasks would reappear
later on, and I could see them in the web interface of Mesos, continuing to

What is going on?