From Craig Vanderborgh <>
Subject Using CDH1.4.2 with Mesos
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:01:26 GMT

We want to use "Mesosized" Cloudera CDH1.4.2 so that we can share our
cluster with Spark.

We now have an operational Mesos 1.12.0 based on trunk plus R9 of the
hadoop-mr1 patch that's under review in incubation.

o Mesos 1.12.0 is working in pseudo-distributed mode with one master and
one slave
o Spark 0.7.0 is working in this environment, including Spark Streaming
o The build of hadoop-2.0-mr1 completes and the self tests are working

Our plan is to install the unmodified CDH4 RPM's and get a
pseudo-distributed CDH4.1.2 working.  Then, we plan to replace the stock
CDH4.1.2 M/R 1 with the Mesosized version.  Does this seem like the right
way to proceed, and if so do you have any pointers on how to achieve this
with the least amount of effort/pain?

Thanks in advance,
Craig Vanderborgh