From Benjamin Hindman <>
Subject Re: documentation experiment: The Mesos Book
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:18:42 GMT
Hey Adam!

I love the enthusiasm on improving Mesos documentation! That being said,
it's probably a bit too early for a book. ;)

I think it would be great to create a documentation ticket on JIRA so we
can figure out exactly what documentation we want to start creating. IMHO,
a great first step would be to get the old documentation that still lives
at into the repository (you can submit
reviews for that). After that we can start editing the documentation
together to get it up to date. I'm not opposed to continuing to use Github
markdown for this (for now), since we can still point people to or something similar in order to
"render" the documentation correctly. That being said, I'd prefer that all
of our actual work is done within the Apache infrastructure (JIRA, Review
Board, etc) to keep things consistent. Seems like we could always port the
documentation over to something else in the future if Apache provides other
wiki options (note: I know that Confluence wiki exists, but I'm not sure if
we'd want to go down that route).

I look forward to any patches that come our way!