From Benjamin Mahler <>
Subject Re: introduction: Adam Monsen
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:08:04 GMT
For a dev environment, I'd recommend:

Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit), or
Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit)

Unfortunately, with our current release, we don't support gcc 4.7. I
realize this is annoying, and this is something that will be fixed as part
of one of the next releases. So, using 12.04 will mean installing an older
version of gcc (for now). We should be compiling on gcc-4.2.

Feel free to communicate your experiments, including any things you found
difficult, lacking in documentation, or confusing. We love getting this
kind of visibility into how people are using mesos.

P.S. So you're also a careful curator of your email! Once we're in a direct
conversation, feel free to leave me in to/cc headers, that helps me keep
track of it :)