From Adam Monsen <>
Subject Re: IRC channel registered: #mesos on Freenode
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:21:35 GMT
It's been pretty quiet so far, but one other soul (or bot?) joined and
is lurking.

Anyone else want to give it a try?

It would be good to conjure a healthy presence by the time GSoC 2013
rolls around. Students often have quick questions that are well-suited
for a chat setting.

Here's one trick that worked well with another community I spent a ton
of time with (Mifos). Most of the Mifos maintainers were coworkers at
the Grameen Foundation, so it was easy and tempting to just talk in
person, call, or direct (private) message each other. We got used to
having a quick IRC chat instead. That made it the project much more
accessible to outsiders.

Let me know if you'd like operator privileges too... it would be good if
a few maintainers were ops. I'm happy to share ops and/or relinquish it.

On 02/26/2013 02:26 PM, Adam Monsen wrote:
> I'm squatting in #mesos on Freenode. Please stop on by!
> I registered it with ChanServ following
> I didn't kick off the Freenode "group registration" process yet, I
> wanted to see if this channel gets used first.
> If you want persistent IRC, you might try or
> setting up your own znc or bnc. I just use GNU Screen and irssi on an
> always-on server.

View raw message