From David Boyd <>
Subject Question on make check( hanging and failing
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 20:27:52 GMT
Pardon the newbie question please.
I am attempting to build mesos on Centos 6
and following the instructions in the README.

When I run make check, it hangs up on the
test.  After a short run it goes into a loop with the log
showing ping responses.

If if use the --gtest_filter to turn off the AllocatorZooKeeperTest
then things hang on the ZooKeeperTest.MultipleGroups.

If I skip that test then the following cgroup tests fail:
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsSimpleTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_CreateRemoveHierarchy
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsSimpleTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_CreateRemoveCgroup
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_Busy
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_SubsystemsHierarchy
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_CheckHierarchy
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_CheckHierarchySubsystems
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_ReadControl
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_WriteControl
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_GetCgroups
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_GetTasks
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_ListenEvent
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_Freezer
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_KillTasks
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_DestroyCgroup
[  FAILED  ] CgroupsIsolation.ROOT_CGROUPS_BalloonFramework

This is likely something very simple and stupid that I am missing.
I have captured log files if that would help.

========= ============
David W. Boyd
Vice President, Operations
Lorenz Research, a Data Tactics corporation
7901 Jones Branch, Suite 610
Mclean, VA 22102
office:   +1-703-506-3735, ext 308
fax:     +1-703-506-6703
cell:     +1-703-402-7908

and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.

View raw message