From Renaud Richardet <>
Subject Re: Run Mesos on office machines when idle
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 19:13:33 GMT
Benjamin ,

Thanks for the pointer -- I guess you are talking about , right? I don't see a
patch there: is there work in progress, otherwise where could I start?
Another question: say I would add the i7 machines to the whitelist at
7am in the Morning, that would prevent *new* jobs from being submitted
to theses machines, but keep the started ones running, right?

-- Renaud

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Benjamin Hindman
<> wrote:
> Hi Renaud,
> There isn't direct support to do this, but we recently added a "whitelist"
> feature that might get you part of the way there. For example, you could
> run a cron job on your master machine that at night updates the whitelist
> to include the i7 machines and then removes them again in the morning.
> Ben.
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Renaud Richardet <
>> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Is there a way to setup Mesos to only launch Hadoop or Spark jobs on
>> machines that are idle? We would like to use Mesos to leverage the
>> dozens of i7 machines in our lab that are sitting idle for a
>> significant part of the time (e.g. at night). There is already a
>> software called Condor that does that, but it only allows batch
>> processing jobs, not Hadoop, neither HDFS.
>> Thanks, Renaud

Renaud Richardet
Av. Echallens 125, CH-1004 Lausanne
+41 78 675 9501