From Scott Smith <>
Subject Problem setting up cluster
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 02:17:32 GMT
I'm trying to set up a cluster on ec2, but not using the canned
scripts/image.  I built the latest svn on Ubuntu 11.10 amd64, and copied
the build to a second node.  Both are c1.medium instances (not that it
should matter).  No other software is running (no hdfs, no hadoop, etc).

The problem I have is the slave repeatedly (approx once per second)
connects, advertises its resources, gets added, and then disconnects.  No
reason is given for disconnecting.  There are no messages on the slave,
only 5 or 6 messages on the master.

I'm not sure what the next diagnostic step should be; I was hoping someone
else ran into the same problem and could point out what I did wrong.  Any