From Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 16:33:13 GMT
Hi all,

I've posted the announcement for the next Spark user meetup at http://www.meetup.com/spark-users/events/60558512/.
It will be a detailed discussion of Shark, the port of Apache Hive onto Spark that we're developing
at Berkeley. Shark lets users run SQL queries at interactive speeds against existing Hive
data warehouses by leveraging Spark's in-memory storage, and ultimately aims to provide machine
learning functionality behind the same interface as well. We also plan to have a first alpha
release of Spark at the time of the meetup and present how to set it up.

The meetup will be hosted by Palantir Technologies in downtown Palo Alto, at 6:30 PM on April
23rd.

Please *register in advance* if you'd like to attend, so that we can estimate the number of
attendees. You can do this at http://www.meetup.com/spark-users/events/60558512/.

Have a good weekend,

Matei