From Charles Reiss <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:00:42 GMT
On 3/30/12 1:53 PM, Matei Zaharia wrote:
> The EC2 script has been updated to figure out the ID of the latest
> AMI from a known location on S3
> (, so that it's
> possible to change which AMI they point to. By default they use a
> fixed older AMI that has been our default for a while, but after the
> release, users will be able to pass the flag -a latest to use the
> latest AMI, and we'll make the latest AMI be one with exactly the
> released code. (There's a bit of a chicken and egg problem on how to
> do this otherwise). Also, I'd like -a latest to be the default in
> future releases, once we've seen more people use it and do fine with
> it. Right now I've kept the old AMI because it has different versions
> of Hadoop, Mesos, Spark etc and I don't want people using those to be
> confused.

I'm concerned that the deploy.amazon64 files appear to require a
directory layout under /root/mesos that doesn't match what one wouldn't
trivially get out of the current version of Mesos. I assume your plan is
to create a new AMI which has appropriate symlinks, etc. to match?

- Charles

> Matei
> On Mar 30, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Charles Reiss wrote:
>> On 3/29/12 11:12 PM, Benjamin Hindman wrote:
>>> Let's try this again.
>>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos
>>> (incubating) version 0.9.0. This will be the first incubator
>>> release for Mesos in Apache, but the fourth release candidate.
>>> The candidate for Mesos 0.9.0-incubating release is available
>>> at:
>> Have the EC2 scripts included with this distribution been tested
>> with this version of Mesos?
>> - Charles

View raw message