From Andy Konwinski <>
Subject Re: wiki home page looks... not so great
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:56:18 GMT
Thanks for pointing this out! I've reverted to a good state.

It seems like Github has changed the wiki so that when you edit a page it
defaults the syntax type to "markdown" even for .textile files, which is a
bug. I've commented about this behavior on an issue in the gollum issue
tracker that I hope they will notice (

We're planning on migrating off of the github wiki to an Apache hosted
confluence wiki soon. For now, however, as long as we're using the Github
hosted wiki, anybody who edits a textile wiki page will have to be extra
careful and select "textile" from the "edit mode" dropdown box before
submitting their edits.

Also, be aware that the Github wiki UI does not make it extremely obvious
which markup mode a page is written, you have to tell by looking at the
syntax. This matters since about half of our wiki pages are written in
markdown and the other half in textile.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Michael Allman <> wrote:

> Hello,
> Does**mesos/wiki<>look
the way it's supposed to? I noticed that the version before the series