From Charles Reiss <>
Subject Re: jni error while making mesos master branch
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:25:52 GMT
On 12/9/11 12:54 PM, Arpan Ghosh wrote:
> Hi all,
> We are trying to get mesos working with spark.
> We configured mesos master branch with no options and while trying to make
> it, we get the following error.

Configuring with no options is known not to work currently. (This should
be fixed when MESOS-58 is.) We suggest using or modifying one of the
configure.template scripts instead.

It looks like src/ can't actually build without Java (at
least because 'all' unconditionally depends on 'java', which
unconditionally depends upon $(MESOS_JAVA_LIB_OBJ), which aren't likely
to build without some JNI headers), which is a bug. (The patch for
MESOS-58 should fix this bug, but it also does a whole bunch of other

- Charles

View raw message