From Andy Konwinski <>
Subject Re: No Mesos website at ?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 01:57:23 GMT
Hi Bertrand, and other devs,

Based on the instructions at I've
done the following:

* Added our website (which is simply static html files, as well as two
sub-directories, one for images and one for research paper pdfs) to the
Apache SVN repo. It is in a directory called www at the top level (the same
level as trunk, tags, branches, etc.). The instructions let us decide where
to put it, but this seems to be a common place to put it (e.g. it's where
the Giraph project put theirs).

* Checked the site out using "svn co" into the directory /www/ on

Also, per instructions at,
I have:

* Updated the site, replacing "Mesos" with "Apache Mesos" where appropriate.

* Added the Incubator Disclaimer to the homepage.

Now the site at seems to be up and
working! I've also updated the old site at with the above
changes to content (though we may consider just having
mesosproject.orgjust forward to the incubator site).

One question: The instructions say "The Mentors MUST add the information to
the podling incubation status file, to describe the SVN module and the
directory which holds the published site." I've read about how to update
our status file (at but I
don't see a spot in the status file where that information should be put.
Any ideas?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <