From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: No Mesos website at ?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 07:44:44 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Andy Konwinski <> wrote:
> ...* Added our website (which is simply static html files, as well as two
> sub-directories, one for images and one for research paper pdfs) to the
> Apache SVN repo. It is in a directory called www at the top level (the same
> level as trunk, tags, branches, etc.). The instructions let us decide where
> to put it, but this seems to be a common place to put it (e.g. it's where
> the Giraph project put theirs). looks good to me!

> * Checked the site out using "svn co" into the
> directory /www/ on
> Also, per instructions at,
> I have:
> * Updated the site, replacing "Mesos" with "Apache Mesos" where appropriate.
> * Added the Incubator Disclaimer to the homepage...

While you're at it it would be good to add the standard Apache
trademarks blurb to the page footer (where "Web design adapted..."
is), see for example

Note also some required links at - nothing
urgent but it's good to add those eventually.

> ...One question: The instructions say "The Mentors MUST add the information to
> the podling incubation status file, to describe the SVN module and the
> directory which holds the published site." I've read about how to update our
> status file (at but I don't
> see a spot in the status file where that information should be put. Any
> ideas?...

I think those are obsolete instructions, what would make sense IMO is
to add some readme file right under that explains how
to update the website. That's useful for Mesos project members, and
for anyone looking at the checkout on people.a.o.

Thanks for setting this up quickly!

View raw message