From Matei Zaharia <>
Subject Re: Mesos wiki
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:19:50 GMT
Got it. Do you have any recommendations for a system better than Forrest? I recall reading
about Sphinx ( in the discussions on migrating Hadoop away from Forrest.

Right now we only have a Markdown wiki on GitHub and a hand-written set of HTML pages at
However, as the project site grows, a content generation system could be useful.

On Jan 19, 2011, at 12:14 PM, Tom White wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Matei Zaharia <> wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>> I'm not sure I fully understand the website guide because there are two sites (project
status and top-level site). For the top-level site, are we free to use any content generation
system we want as long as it outputs HTML files?
> Sorry, I confusingly sent out the link for the general incubator site.
> This is the link I meant:
> Basically, yes, you can
> use any content generation system, so it probably makes sense to stick
> with the one you have for the initial import.
> Tom
>> We're still looking into the IP release part, but we'll get back to you when we've
figured that out.
>> Matei
>> On Jan 18, 2011, at 8:49 PM, Tom White wrote:
>>> I just filed to get
>>> the wiki set up.
>>> Once this is done it should be straightforward to (manually) migrate
>>> there.
>>> It might be worth looking at
>>> to start thinking
>>> about how to migrate the website.