From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.3.0 released
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 00:01:01 GMT
Hi, Octavian,

Thank you for testing our release and reporting back.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-211 to track MCVC 6
compatibility.

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 08:43:42AM +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> error building dll file from '..\src/CFCBindAliases.c' at e:/usr/site/lib/ExtUti
> ls/CBuilder/Platform/Windows.pm line 130, <DATA> line 1.
> Finished building Clownfish compiler.

OK, one bug is that the Lucy build proceeds after building CFC fails -- but
that just makes it harder to get at the CFCBindAliases.c problem which is
causing compilation failure.

If you have time to run some more tests, that would be great.  Please check
out svn trunk and apply the most recent patch attached to LUCY-211.

I'm curious what was in that "..." above -- was it a bunch of stuff about
missing symbols?  (That linking failure could be related to a function that
was declared in CFCUtil.h but never defined.)

> I was using MS VS6.
>
> Then I tried with the MinGW compiler included with ActivePerl and it worked very well.
>
> Congratulations for the new release!

Thank you.  :)

0.3.0 should be the most portable release in the history of this codebase, but
there is still work to be done.

Marvin Humphrey