From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Searching for blank fields
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 02:37:10 GMT
Jason McIntosh wrote on 1/9/12 4:37 PM:
> On Jan 9, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Peter Karman wrote:
>
>> I use Search::Query::Dialect::Lucy[0] to do this, in conjunction with this
>> kind of query mangling:
>
> This looks like a promising solution, but it's unclear where one configures
> Search::Query::Dialect::Lucy to use the prepared Lucy schema object?

There's currently no support for that in SQDL. I do have support for that in
SWISH::Prog::Lucy::Searcher -- check out the init() method source for example.

I welcome a patch to SQDL to add Lucy::Plan::Schema support. I suggest a static
class method that returns a data structure suitable for passing into the
'fields' param to the Parser constructor. Something like:

 my $fields = Search::Query::Dialect::Lucy->extract_schema_fields( $schema );
 my $parser = Search::Query::Parser->new( fields => $fields );

> I have your suggested solution partially working, but since the Search::Query
> parser appears to have no access to the Lucy schema object, it doesn't know what
> fields are available to search, and so all non-field-specific queries fail.
> (Setting its default_field option to "", per the Search::Query::Parser docs,
> blows up when it later tries to use "" as an array reference.)

that "" error does indeed sound like a bug. If you could turn that into a
failing test case and open an RT ticket, I would be forever grateful. If you do
git, you can fork it from here https://github.com/karpet/search-query-perl.

> (Please let me know if discussion pertaining to Search::Query should go off-list...)

I'm ok with the current thread; I'll let others speak up if they find this too
off-topic.