From Jason McIntosh <j...@jmac.org>
Subject [lucy-user] Searching for blank fields
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:25:09 GMT
Howdy Lucy-users,

My client requires the ability to search for blank fields. In other words, they'd like to
construct search queries that parse as e.g. "Show me all results with the title 'MyTitle'
but no description", and this would return as hits all items whose "title" field contains
"MyTitle", and whose "description" field is completely blank.

These sort of null-searches don't appear to be an out-of-the-box feature of Lucy's default
query parser; a naive query like "title:MyTitle AND description:" doesn't work as I hope.
So it looks like I will have to knit some custom magic here, or perhaps use an extension module.
I write this list in the hope for some introductory pointers; I'm a little unsure where to
start, or whether this is a solved problem and I'm not finding it.

Thank you!

--
Jason McIntosh

http://jmac.org • jmac@jmac.org • @JmacDotOrg