From lance bowler <lanceb...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Collapsing and highlighting
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:01:02 GMT
Hi,

Trying things out and a few quick questions:

- is it possible to collapse duplicate results based on a field?  eg, you
may have many results from a particular website, so I may want to collapse
these and display a More link.  Can do?

- I want to do something similar to Google's Cached page:  ie, display a
website page from my store with the search terms highlighted (ie, not using
Lucy's normal excerpt/highlighter since the page is not coming from the
index itself, but from cached pages).  Lucy's highlighter does a great job
of highlighting words based on stemming, can this somehow be hooked into to
display a page from disk?

- I read somewhere on the list about concurrency maybe being a problem (ie,
remote cluster searchers can only perform 1 search at a time).  surely if
you have 10 or more visitors performing parallel searches they'll block
until each one completes...?

Thanks!
Lance Bowler