From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Splicing in a bit of caching in remote searcher
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:44:27 GMT
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> Brainstorming... perhaps SearchServer should offer a pluggable caching
> mechanism for top_docs().... or maybe subclassing would work, so that there's
> no need to monkey with the current implementation?

Subclassing sounds ideal (especially adding the howto in the
cookbook).  I'm no Perl pro, but I know enough to know that doing it
by subclassing is ideal -- I ended up hacking the code and adding some
procedural (non-oop) subroutine calls.  Dirty as all hell, but my
patch file is easy to apply and best of all, it works.

short of time, hands, patience, blah blah