From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Re: Major performance degradation with remote search
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:43:28 GMT
Just to confirm to myself that I wasn't f'ing up, I re-ran the queries
from the search machine, adding remote nodes to it one at a time, and
sure enough, the query time increases with the equivalent search time
of each node.

If I execute the query using the cmd-line on all the remote machines
(via pdsh) in parallel, then each one bounces back with the expected
.1-.3 times, nice and zippy.  Do 'em all together via
LucyX::Remote::SearchClient, and the query time drops to sum(time*N).